Bath Sheets vs. Bath Towels: Understanding the difference and knowing which one is right for you
Fingertip towels, beach towels, hair towels etc. - knowing and understanding the different types of towels and their uses is both confusing and overwhelming. However, there is one important towel distinction that cannot go unnoticed and that is bath sheets vs. bath towels. It is widely recognized that a bath sheet offers a more opulent and comprehensive coverage experience compared to a bath towel.
Bath Sheets vs. Bath towels: Size
Let’s start with bath sheet vs. bath towel dimensions:
- Bath Towels generally measure 27 inches x 54 inches (75cm x 137 cm)
- Bath Sheets generally measure 35 inches x 60 inches (90 cm x 150 cm)
Bath sheets are the largest size bath towel whose material and manufacture are similar to a standard bath towel size. Bath sheets are typically 50-60% larger than bath towels and are also commonly referred to as extra large bath towels, oversized bath towels, or jumbo bath towels. If you never feel fully wrapped in your bath towel when exiting a shower, bath tub or even the sauna then consider a bath sheet. It's a perfect full coverage option.
The standard bath towel size almost always requires less space for storage. These regular bath towels are versatile and flexible. For example, you can wrap a bath towel around your hair or you can shower, grab your bath towel and go after a gym workout. Standard size bath towels can fit in most basic size towel bars and racks.
Bath Sheets vs. Bath Towels: Materials
Bath sheets and bath towels come in similar materials and textures. However, bath sheets are usually heavier which lends itself to better absorption as it quickly soaks up more water. When considering materials for your towels preferred material choices include Supima, Egyptian or Turkish cotton bath towels.
Bath Sheets vs. Bath Towels: Price
Since bath sheets require more material for production they are often more expensive and considered luxury bath towels. When choosing between bath sheets or bath towels, consider your budget. Bath sheets will vary in price depending on the type of material used to make the bath sheet. For example, Turkish bath towels will cost more than bath towels made from synthetic fibers.
Bath Sheets vs. Bath Towels: Which towel is right for you?
Your bath towel choices should be a deeply personal one. In deciding which option will work best, ask yourself these questions:
- After a shower, does one towel work for me or do I wish I had a second towel for other wet areas?
- After using my towel, is it extremely wet and does it leave me feeling damp?
- After my shower, when I wrap my current bath towel around me do I wish I had extra material?
- Do I wish I could wrap myself in my towel while executing my skincare or grooming routine?
- Do I like to feel snug, warm or even cozy in my towel?
If you answered yes to 2 or more of these questions, Bath sheets or extra large bath towels as they are commonly called are a great option. These towels are also great as plus size bath towels and for those who are tall.
Bath Sheets vs. Bath Towels: Making the switch
If you decide to add Bath sheets to your towel collection, here are some things to consider.
- Standard bath towels are pretty commonplace so be sure your towel racks are strong and long enough to support bath sheets.
- Be sure to also check your linen closet or where you store your towels to ensure you have enough space to store your new bath sheets.
- Remember that your laundry routine will change as bath sheets take a little longer to dry than your standard bath size towel.
In the bath towels vs. bath sheets debate - bath sheets are the clear winner. Turn your ordinary shower routine into an extraordinary at home spa-like experience. With the introduction of Bath Sheets or Extra Large bath towels, bathing will be more luxurious and fulfilling.
Be sure to check out the Body by Love extra large bath towel. Our bath towel spans 35 inches by 72 inches (90 cm x 183 cm). Click the link to see the best extra large towels on the market: